Evening Class times available also upon request.
Time: 2 hours (see class dates below)
All supplies & materials provided by Soapalooza Soap Arts Studio
Classroom Location: Mille Fleurs, 1332 Sycamore Square, Midlothian VA 23113
Learn To Make Pine Soap - Learn to make the best pine tar soap, a specialty type of cold process soap. This is the pine tar soap recipe used by Kelly in her wholesale account for BloomWorks Soap Company. This is the hands on studio class that teaches you how to formulate your own Pine Tar soap formula. Pine Tar causes excessive heat and rapid acceleration when using a lye solution, and so in this studio class you will learn how to plan your soap oil forumla so that you have time to properly mix and pour a quality batch of Pine Tar soap. This soap cures up quickly and is ready to sell within the normal 3 week curing time. Pine Tar soap is very, very moisturizing for dry and inflamed skin and scalps.
Objectives of this 2 hour class are to teach you:
- Hazards and safety issues when working with sodium hydroxide & pine tar resins
- proper equipment and supplies needed
- What pine tar can do when using it as a soap additive
- essential oils that can slow down the acceleration process when making Pine Tar soap
- What can go wrong, and what to do about it
- the basic chemistry of cold process soapmaking when using wine
Prerequisite: You must be 18 years old to enroll or participate in this class. Please wear or bring a long sleeved shirt, long pants, and closed toe shoes to class. All workshops & studio classes are non refundable, however we can always reschedule for a future date or transfer to a friend or relative.