Evening & Weekend Class times available also upon request.
Time: 2 hours (see class dates below)
All supplies & materials provided by Soapalooza Soap Arts Studio
Classroom Location: Mille Fleurs, 1332 Sycamore Square, Midlothian VA 23113
Learn how to make soap using milk, cream, goat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, buttermilk, or any other kind of milk. You will learn with both full milk and with reconstituted dry milk methods in this class.
We will be making at least two small batches of soap in this class using two techniques. You will go home with two 1 lb tubs of soap to slice and observe as they cure
This class is perfect if you want to become a goatmilk soapmaker.
Objectives of this 2 hour class are to teach you:
- the benefits of milk in soap
- learn to handle milk proteins with lye solutions
- learn to make milk soap using full liquid milk
- learn to make milk soap using dry milks (coconut powder, soy milk powder, goat milk powder, etc)
- How to adjust your lye discount to compensate for the milk fat in goat milk, cream, etc,
- How to avoid scorching or denaturing the protein in milk when using lye
- How to keep your milk soap as light as possible.
- What to except during the curing process with milk based soaps
Prerequisite: You must be 18 years old or accompanied by your parent to enroll or participate in this class. Please wear or bring a long sleeved shirt, long pants, and closed toe shoes to class. Latex or nitrile gloves and safety goggles are also required, but can be borrowed at the studio the day of class.
Add to cart below to sign up and reserve your space! All classes must be paid for by the day before class. All workshops & studio classes are non refundable, however we can always reschedule for a future date or transfer to a friend or relative.