1 Day Mini Soap Making Workshop
Learn to make a variety of Bath & Body Products in a 1 Day Jam Packed Workshop!
Time: 1 Day - 10 AM - 4 PM (by appointment, or on the scheduled dates below)
Classroom Location: Mille Fleurs, 1332 Sycamore Square, Midlothian VA 23113
This is a 1 day Hands-On workshop. You will get 1 hour for lunch.
Learn to make your own Cosmetics & Bath & Body Products in ONE DAY.
This class teaches you how to make your own LUSH style Bath Bomb or Bubble Bars, followed up with learning how to make Lip Balms or Lotion Bars. After lunch you will learn the basics of Lotion & Cream making, as well as making a truly scrumptious Emulsified Sugar Scrub. You will make 4 types of products during this workshop, totally hands on. THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS COURSE. This is strictly a course on teaching SAFE, QUALITY COSMETIC/Bath & Body Product formulation. You will ago home with all the products that you make!
Objectives of this ALL DAY Workshop are to teach you:
- Learn how to prepare your surfaces for cosmetics manufacturing
- Learn the difference between anhydrous products and non anhydrous products
- Learn Preservative Basics
- Learn Good Manufacturing Basics
- Learn to make Fizzing or Foaming Bath Bombs (Your Choice)
- Learn to make Lip Balms (flavored & colored) or Lotion Bars (your choice)
- Learn to make Lotion and Cream emulsions (your choice)
- Learn to make an emulsified Sugar Scrub or Salt Scrub (your choice)
- Learn how and which colorants to use in cosmetics
- Learn the difference and safety issues between Fragrance and Essential Oils
- Learn to use Fragrance oils with cosmetics
- Learn to package your products
- Learn how to Troubleshoot problem cosmetic formulations
- Learn Basic Labeling guidelines for Cosmetics
- Leave with Training Materials, Resources for supplies, packaging, labeling, cosmetic recipes, and calculators for resizing batches.
Prerequisite: You must be 18 years old or accompanied by your parent to enroll or participate in this class. Please wear or bring a long sleeved shirt, long pants, and closed toe shoes to class. This is a perfect tutorial for a beginner or someone who is interested in learning to make their own natural cold process soap and learn various techniques to make unque and creative soap.
Add to cart below to sign up and reserve your space! All classes must be paid for by the day before class. Class size is limited to 3 students per session!
About Kelly Bloom:
Kelly Bloom is the Founder and Chief Excitement Officer of Soapalooza! Soap Arts Studio, a division of BloomWorks Holdings, LLC. Kelly is the former founder & owner of Southern Soapers and BloomWorks Soap Company. She is located in the Williamsburg, Virginia area.
Kelly has spent over 20 years in the natural soap manufacturing and personal care products industry, and is the author of several soap making publications. Her BloomWorks Soap Company manufactured, marketed, and distributed her natural soap and cosmetic products nationwide for 12 years before starting her supply and consulting divisions.
Kelly spends time mentoring and consulting to small businesses within the natural soap making and Indie personal care segments. Kelly speaks and conducts workshops at local, regional, and national conventions. She has launched awareness & development programs within the industry on Good Manufacturing Procedures; Product Labeling, Cosmetic Preservation, Product Development, & Trademark issues. Kelly has been a presenter at the Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetics Guild as well as regional conventions. Kelly is a frequent guest with the Richmond Virginia This Morning, Channel 6 DIY Beauty at Home TV segment.